The Academy Scholars Program of The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their academic careers whose work combines excellence in a social science discipline with a command of the language and other knowledge or expertise of countries or regions outside of the United States and/or Canada. Their scholarship should span traditional disciplinary divisions and elucidate comparative, transnational, or domestic issues, past or present. This is a fellow program.
Note the following before Applying
- All uploaded materials – your Curriculum Vitae (CV), Research Proposal, Scholarly Writing Sample, and PhD Program Transcript – must be uploaded in PDF format.
- The completed application must include 3 Letters of Recommendation submitted by the September 23 deadline.
- You will request Letters of Recommendation from your recommenders using the Request button on the Application Dashboard. The Application Dashboard will first appear and be your homepage once you establish an account and begin an application. After you submit your requests, recommenders will receive an email asking them to upload their confidential letters in PDF format on this website. You will receive an email notification and the Application Dashboard will indicate when The Harvard Academy has received your letters, but you as the applicant will not be able to view the confidential letters.
- The complete application will include an unofficial PDF version of your PhD Program Transcript uploaded through the Application Dashboard.
- If you are selected in the top 30, we will ask you to have your university email or mail an official/validated copy of your PhD Program Transcript to The Harvard Academy.
- Internet Browsers: Be sure to use the most current version of your browser. The preferred browser is Google Chrome.
- The application process does not need to be completed all at once. To save an incomplete application, click Save before exiting. To return to work on your application another time, enter your email address and password, then click Continue with Application.
- Submit your application by clicking on the Final Review and Submit button at the top of the Application Dashboard. Your online application must be submitted by the September 23 deadline.
- We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible to avoid potential overload and website delays on September 23.
September 23, 2022